CBSE Udaan Scholarship 2022: Check Application Form, Eligibility & Benefits
CBSE Scholarship, a popular name of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child, offers financial assistance to meritorious girl students (only girl child of the family) of class 10 to continue their studies in class 11 and 12. Run by the Central Board of Secondary Education, the pioneer education board of the country, the CBSE scholarship scheme aims at supporting the higher education of the girl students who are also the only girl child in their families.
The female candidates who will secure 60% marks in Class 10 will receive the benefits of this scholarship program. The aspiring students must remember that they need to fill in and submit the scholarship application form on or before 17th January 2022.
This article highlights every significant detail related to the scholarship including the key dates, eligibility, application process, selection process, rewards and more. So, the girl students who wish to receive all the benefits of the CBSE scholarship 2022-23 must go through the below-mentioned information carefully.
NOTE: There are some special seats for those students who are coming in reserved categories. Their seats are mention below
|Categories||Percentage of seats reserved|
- Passport size photograph[in JPEG format]
- Mark sheet of Board Exam.
- Annual Income Certificate
- Identity proof.
CBSE Scholarship – Key Dates
Applications for CBSE scholarships are invited every year between the months of October and November. The dates for fresh application and renewal application are not necessarily the same for the scholarship. What are the key dates for the scholarship that students must keep in mind? Get the answer to this question in the table below. It acquaints the female students with the key dates of the CBSE scholarship for the academic year 2021-22.
Important Dates of CBSE Scholarship 2021-22
|1.||Last date for submitting the online application (fresh and renewal)||14 November 2022|
|2.||Verification of Applications by Schools||21 October – 21 November 2022|
CBSE Scholarship – Eligibility
The CBSE scholarship comes with a certain pre-defined set of eligibility conditions that the girl students need to fulfil to apply for it. These conditions are primarily based on their current qualification, academic performance and more. However, the key eligibility for this scholarship is that it is applicable only for single girl child of a family. Furthermore, the key conditions that they need to fulfil include the following eligibility.
- The scholarship is open for Indian citizens only
- The girl students, who have passed their class 10 examination by CBSE in the current academic year with at least 60% marks or more can apply
- They must be studying in classes 11 and 12 in CBSE affiliated schools whose tuition fee is INR 1,500 per month or less
Note: The NRI students are also eligible for the scholarship if they are studying in a CBSE school. However, the tuition fee limitation for such candidates should be less than INR 6,000 per month.
CBSE Scholarship – Selection Procedure
There are numerous factors that are considered for selecting the scholars of CBSE scholarship. To avail of CBSE scholarship, aspiring girl students require to fulfil the below-given conditions –
- They must be pursuing studies in classes 11 and 12 from a school affiliated to CBSE
- They must have passed the Class 10 examination from CBSE with at least 60% or more marks
- They must be the only single girl child of the family
- The candidates have to provide an original affidavit in prescribed format duly attested by the first class SDM/ Judicial Magistrate/ Notary/ Executive Magistrate
- The female students also need to ensure that the application form is attested by the Principal of the school where they are pursuing class 11
- The tuition fee of the student in class 10 should be INR 1,500 per month or less and an enhancement of 10% for classes 11 and 12 is acceptable
CBSE Scholarship – How to Apply?
What are the steps to be followed to apply for the CBSE scholarship? Is the application process online or offline? How can a student apply for scholarship renewal? Find an answer to all these questions in this section. Given hereunder is a step-by-step description of how students can apply for the scholarship, including both fresh and renewal applications.
Steps to Follow for Fresh Application
The fresh applicants can apply for the scholarship online through the following steps –
- Step 1: Visit the online application page of the CBSE scholarship.
- Step 2: Click on the fresh application to start the application.
- Step 3: Enter the roll number for the CBSE class 10 board examination and the date of birth.
- Step 4: An application form will open. Fill in all required details.
- Step 5: Submit the form and note down the registration number for future reference.
- Step 6: Take the printout of Undertaking in the prescribed format (as available with the guidelines of the scheme).
- Step 7: Fill it, paste a recent photograph and get an attestation from the school.
- Step 8: Prepare an Affidavit in the prescribed format (as given in the guidelines).
- Step 9: Upload the scanned copy of both the Undertaking and Affidavit in PDF format with a file size of not more than 1 MB in the ‘Upload Document’ section.
- Step 10: Once the girl students have uploaded their documents and submitted the application form, they can go to the ‘Print Confirmation’ section to generate the confirmation page. (Note: The confirmation page is generated only for students who have successfully applied and completed the scholarship application. Also, keep the confirmation page safe for future reference.)
Steps to Follow for Renewal
The renewal candidates can apply for the renewal offline through the following steps –
- Step 1: Visit the official scholarship notification.
- Step 2: Download the scholarship renewal form (as prescribed in the guidelines of the scholarship).
- Step 3: Fill in all required details in the form.
- Step 4: Attach all supporting documents like class 11 mark sheet, a copy of Aadhaar card, Bank passbook/ cancelled cheque (duly attested copy).
- Step 5: Send the completed application to the below-given address with “Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal)” superscribed on it –
- Assistance Secretary (Scholarship),
- CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
CBSE Scholarship – Award Details
The amount of financial assistance that a student receives under the CBSE scholarship is INR 500 per month (INR 6,000 per annum) to continue her studies in classes 11 and 12. The maximum duration of this scholarship is two years and the amount is paid to the students through NEFT or ECS.
There is no fixed number of scholarships disbursed every year. However, considering the statistics of previous years, the total number of scholarships vary from 1400 to 1600 (approx.). Find below the table that highlights the number of scholars benefitting via this scholarship over the years.