Hide Your Online Status And Chat Secretly on WhatsApp, Know Step-by-Step Guide Here
WhatsApp has finally rolled out the update that lets you hide your active status on the instant messaging platform. Several times we wish to check our messages on WhatsApp without alerting the contacts of our online activity or appear as active on the app and the Meta-owned platform’s this update solves that problem.
WhatsApp New Features: WhatsApp has launched several new privacy features for its users recently. One of the features is hiding online status. WhatsApp launched the online status hiding feature a couple of months ago and now the feature is available for all users on the iOS and Android platforms. So, if you want to hide your WhatsApp online status from your boss or a stalker, you can now do that.
With the new online status hiding feature, users can now decide who can see their online presence and chat with certain people without letting the contacts know about their active status.
How To Hide Your Online Status On WhatsApp
- For Android users, open your WhatsApp, then click on Tap More options and select Settings
- Now click on Privacy. You will get options on Last Seen & Online. Click on that and choose the preferred option.
- For iOS users, open WhatsApp then click on Settings options given below on the right side of your screen.
- Tap on Account, then select Privacy. You’ll also see the similar Last Seen & Online option.
- Tap on that and select any option from: Everyone, My Contacts, My Contacts Except… and Nobody.
What All You Can Change Who Can:
- See your Last Seen and Online
- See your Profile Photo
- See your About information
- See your Status updates
- See Read Receipts
- Add you to Groups
However, it is important to note that if you don’t share your Last Seen or Online, you won’t be able to see other users’ Last Seen or Online. People online in a chat thread with you can see when you’re typing.
If you turn off ‘Read Receipts’, you won’t be able to see Read Receipts from other users. But Read Receipts are always sent for Group Chats. If a contact has turned off Read Receipts, you won’t be able to see if they’ve viewed your status updates.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp has also launched the much-awaited ‘Communities’ feature. In addition, the instant messaging platform also introduced some features for groups as well, including 32-people video calling, 1024 group participants, and more. WhatsApp said that these features will be available in the next few months.