List of Records Broken by Virat Kohli After He Hits 71st Century After a Long Wait of 1020 Days
List of Records Broken by Virat Kohli en route to his maiden T20I ton in Asia Cup 2022
Virat Kohli induced life into the dead rubber between India and Afghanistan at the Asia Cup 2022 on Thursday. The 33-year-old smashed his 71st century after a long wait of 1020 days. The last time Kohli scored a hundred was back in the year 2019 in the pink ball Test against Bangladesh on 23rd November.
Kohli got a chance to open the innings in the Super Four game against Afghanistan and the right-handed batsman didn’t squander the opportunity. Kohli smashed an unbeaten 122 off just 61 balls, batting with a strike-rate of 200.
His knock included 6 sixes and 12 fours. While King Kohli did end his wait for a century in international cricket, there were a few more records that he broke.
Check Here List of records broken by Virat Kohli en route to his maiden T20I ton in Asia Cup 2022:
Virat Kohli became the fourth Indian to score a century in all three formats (ODIs, T20Is, and Tests)The other three Indians to do so are –
- With his 71st ton, Kohli equalled Ricky Ponting’s record of second-most international centuries.
Sachin Tendulkar leads the list with 100 centuries
- Kohli became the second Indian to hit 100 T20I sixes.
Rohit Sharma is the first Indian to achieve this feat.
Kohli is also the second cricketer after Rohit to cross the 35–run mark in the shortest format of the game.
- His unbeaten score of 122 is the highest T20I score by any Indian and is also the highest score in any T20I match played in UAE.
The players with the second highest score and the third highest score are
- By smashing his first T20I hundred, Kohli became the sixth Indian to score 100 in T20I
The other five players to achieve this milestone are
- He equalled Rohit and Rahul for most hundreds by an Indian (6 centuries) in T20 cricket.
His other five centuries came from IPL.
- Kohli is the fastest to cross the 24,000-run mark in international cricket by doing so in 522 innings.
He surpassed Sachin Tendulkar who reached the milestone in 540 innings.
He is only the third Indian and seventh batter to reach this feat.
- Kohli is the first batsman to register a century in Men’s Asia Cup T20s
- After winning his 13th Man of the Match award, he equalled Afghanistan’s Mohammad Nabi for most MoM awards in T20Is.Virat Kohli Dedicates His 71st Century To Wife Anushka Sharma And Daughter VamikaJust as Kohli ended his century drought that came after 1020 days and 83 innings, he dedicated it to his wife Anushka Sharma and his daughter Vamika Kohli. “I dedicate this hundred to my wife & my daughter,” said Kohli during the mid-innings break in an interview with Star Sports.
- Kohli was going through a lean patch in his career, having failed to capitalise on the starts that he was getting consistently and had come under fire for failing to live up to the standards that he had once set for himself. However, this will bring a huge sigh of relief to all his fans including the Indian team management ahead of the T20 World Cup 2022.